The original kitchen is another one of the oldest buildings on the Goodwood estate. Prior to the Civil War, it was common practice to do the cooking in an outbuilding. It kept bugs, smells and heat from cooking out of the main house. It also lessened the risk of fire to the main house. This building also became a guest house in 1912.