Monday, May 1, 2017

May Theme Day: "Let's eat!"



When you live in Florida, especially on the Gulf coast, you just have to love seafood. I really like shrimp and here are two truly Southern ways they are often served. The first picture shows grilled gulf shrimp in red eye gravy served over smoked cheese grits. The second shot, and probably my all-time favorite, shows fried gulf shrimp served with hushpuppies and French fries. The grilled carrots and brussel sprouts are optional, but I like to add something healthy so I feel better about eating all that fried food!

The first day of the month is Theme Day in the City Daily Photo community and this month's theme is "Let's eat!" To see what other CDP participants are featuring for the theme, visit the Theme Day Gallery here.

14 comments:

Marleen said...

Looks good, Lois. I'd go for the second plate :)

SRQ said...

You're right -- when you live in Florida it's best to like seafood! Glad to see you get your healthy veggies in. :)

Gerald (SK14) said...

that looks very appetising.

Merisi said...

So very inviting, I wished I could get a bite!

Kate said...

I should live in Florida, for lots of good reasons but especially to take pleasure in a seafood diet. Shrimp and grits---what a great combination!!

Lowell said...

I like shrimp but don't eat it often. If I did I would want your second offering! :)

Small City Scenes said...

Oh I like big shrimp too in fact just 2 days ago I made Shrimp Risotto
MB

Sandra said...

I love shrimp, my favorite of all seafood and I love grits but have not tried this but I know I would love it. fried is my favorite shrimp

Sharon Anck said...

That shrimp and grits looks perfect for me! I do love grits!

Susan Bauer said...

Okay! You've got my taste buds salivating. I've loved shrimp since I was a little girl. My favorite is still cold, boiled and eaten with cocktail sauce.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I had to check the link to see what 'hushpuppies' were Lois.. I think it was a good idea to include the carrots and brussel sprouts 😀

bill burke said...

I love shrimp, it looks real good. Never had grits so I would pass on those but the veggies sound good too.

William Kendall said...

Steak for me! I've got an aversion to seafood.

Karl Demetz said...

I love shrimp too, good choice for the theme, Lois !