Monday, April 24, 2017

Welcome to the jungle


I spent the weekend visiting my daughter and grandkids in Orlando and on Saturday I attended my granddaughter's majorette competition which was held in the gym of a local high school. This huge lion was looking down at us from the wall. The words "Welcome to the jungle" were painted around him, but I was unable to get the whole thing in my picture from my seat and the place was packed with girls (and a couple of boys) twirling their batons, so I stayed put. You may have guessed by now that the school's mascot is the lion.

Linking to Monday Mural.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

He looks quite scary with those nails and open beak with teeth!

Marleen said...

What a cool mascot and mural!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Uma obra de arte.
Um abra├žo e boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great mural. The lion does look scary. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Sandra said...

I LOVE IT!!! great job from where you were, look at those paws and claws... true talent to paint the mural..

Lowell said...

A fierce looking lion; all the better, I suppose to scare the opponents! You did a really good job on the photo, too! I just looked at the lion again. Now I'm scared!

Sharon Anck said...

I had to smile when I saw this one. I also found a mural of a lion over the weekend but, there was a car parked in front of it so I got just a slice of a photo. I need to go back and see if I can find it without a car in front. This one is looking pretty ferocious.

William Kendall said...

Quite fierce!

bill burke said...

I'm frightened of this scary lion. He is quite impressive.

Tom said...

...roaring good!

marsha said...

that is a scary-looking lion!

Karl Demetz said...

A beautiful beast, fortunately it is a painting !