Saturday, October 29, 2016

Critters from my vacation

I am having a hard time identifying these ducks (at least I think they are ducks) that I photographed sitting on Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. I would appreciate some help. I think they are beautiful!

Update! I'm pretty sure this can be identified as a Red-crested Pochard thanks to the kind comment below from one of my blogging friends at ifthethunderdontgetya.

A swan with what I think is a Eurasian Coot begging for food from us as we waited to board our boat for a cruise on the lake in Geneva, Switzerland.

One of the bears in the Bear Park in Bern, the capital of Switzerland. I took this picture from the bridge over the Aare River.

A view of three cows huddled together as we were passing over them on our gondola ride down from Mount Pilatus to Lucerne, Switzerland.

Chickens in Yvoire, France. I think that rooster was not pleased with me for taking their picture.

I saw this cat washing its face when we stopped to take pictures in the Brünig Pass on our way to Interlaken, Switzerland.

I think this is a Swiss Black-Brown Mountain Sheep resting in the medieval village of Grùyeres, Switzerland.

I took this picture of a swan parade passing by while we were eating dinner outside next to the Reuss River in Lucerne, Switzerland while the sun was going down.. That is the Chapel Bridge with Mount Pilatus in the background.

Linking to Saturday's Critters, Camera Critters, and The Bird D'pot.

18 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Belas fotografias minha amiga, gostei bastante.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
Andarilhar

William Kendall said...

Quite a lot of critters! The cat is my favourite.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful collection of birds and critters. I love the swans and ducks. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your Saturday and the weekend!

Lowell said...

Another wonderful series - this time of critters. I enjoyed all of these photos. I agree the ducks are beautiful, and I think I've seen photos of them before, but I don't remember what they are called.

Sandra said...

I like that Bear.. so beautiful.. and I don't know the type of ducks but it is ducks. beautiful swans. I love critters and these are all great photos of critters

bill burke said...

Nice collection of critters. The bear is my favorite.

Jeanne said...

Your photos are all lovely, and isn't Switzerland amazing! We were there in the spring!

RedPat said...

I love that last pic, Lois! Wish I was there!!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Lovely shots, Lois!

I will guess Red-crested Pochard.
~

Lois said...

It looks like the birds in my first shot have been identified! Thanks!

Phyllis Oller said...

I love all your pictures,especially of the bear! Wow,he sure was large! Thanks for sharing!phyllis

Adam said...

I saw a big brown bear in a zoo but he was so far away in his habitat.

Anni said...

Yes...the duck ID is correct. I too think they're beautiful. As are ALL your photos from your trip.

We birders appreciate your participation this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!

biebkriebels said...

That is a nice variation of animals you saw, even a bear!

BeachGypsy said...

Some really good pictures there! Wow, that big bear looks SO CLOSE!! Yikes! LOL Love the pretty white swan.Looks like an amazing trip!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

you collected a great bunch of critters -- wild and tame. All fun and that sunset and bridge scene with the swans (the last pic, I think) is heart-stoppingly wonderful.

Revrunner said...

Sounds like others had the same Idea I had. about all God's critters. :-)

Halcyon said...

so much beauty! Love all the "wildlife". :-P