Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wakulla Springs Lodge




I have visited the Wakulla Springs Lodge many times through the years and I never get tired of admiring this beautiful place. I even spent the night here once many years ago and have also attended weddings on the front porch. The restaurant serves wonderful food and there is also an old fashioned soda fountain with a gift shop. It was built in 1937 and is located in Wakulla Springs State Park just south of Tallahassee. The Lodge overlooks the main spring, which is the largest and deepest fresh water spring in the world. A visit is like stepping back in time. Here are some pictures I took in the lobby of the ceiling, the fireplace and the whole room. You can see the soda fountain through that door at the other end of the room. Those cuties sitting near the window on the left side of the picture are my two oldest grandkids enjoying the view and playing checkers.

Linking to Tuesday's Treasures.

16 comments:

Sandra said...

that ceiling is amazing and the lobby is just beautiful. my favorite part is that great big fireplace. wow... i would love to visit the springs

bill burke said...

Lovely image, it looks like a very elegant place.

Lowell said...

OK, now I have to visit Wakula Springs! This is a gorgeous place; and I had no idea. Love that piano, too!

Jedidja said...

I love the mixture of painterly styles in the first photo! Beautiful geometric motives on it! I also see a tropical bird - painting. Super, thank you for sharing!

Sharon Anck said...

That ceiling is amazing.

RedPat said...

It looks gorgeous!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Lindas e belas fotografias, gostei bastante.
Um abra├žo e boa semana.
Andarilhar

Ela said...

Such a lovely place to visit !!
Great photos !!
Greetings !

William Kendall said...

What a marvelous space!

Small City Scenes said...

Everything is beautiful but that ceiling is gorgeous. My oh my!!
MB

Kate said...

Your attraction to this lovely resort is understandable. The ceiling is fantastic as are the other spaces you photographed.

Denise inVA said...

Love this place, the ceiling alone is amazing.

Linda said...

Wow, that's deluxe!

Halcyon said...

Wow! Love that decorative ceiling.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

oh how wonderful -- fascinating lodge and the water sounds wonderful -- Many thaanks -- I've added this to my 'must visit next season' list.

bettyl-NZ said...

It really does look like it's from a different place and time. What lovely decorations.