Thursday, August 25, 2016

Soda Fountain





During our visit to the Wakulla Springs Lodge, I took the first three pictures while sitting at the soda fountain enjoying milkshakes with my grandkids. After we finished, we headed for the lobby and my grandkids played checkers on one of several oversized checker boards while I walked around taking the pictures I showed a couple of days ago here. Through the window behind the checker board you can see the front porch set up for an event that was being held later in the day.

13 comments:

Halcyon said...

Fantastic! Love the nostalgia. :D

Jedidja said...

That is interesting and beautiful! Love the last photo :-)

biebkriebels said...

I like those big mirrors and the chess board, a pretty place.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) I have only seen places like this in the movies. It's a great place to enjoy a milkshake.

Lowell said...

Bless you! I haven't seen an old-fashioned soda fountain for a long time! And that stamp machine and the cash register. Wow. I do love what I've seen of this place!

bill burke said...

That's a place where everyone would take photos. I haven't seen a stamp machine like that in a long time and the old cash register. It's good to see that. It seems like everyday things that we are use to seeing just disappear so when you do see it again, it's nice to photograph it. Nice images Lois!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a great place. I like these old soda fountain shops!

Great series. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Sharon Anck said...

This is quite a place. I'd enjoy visiting here and I'd enjoy a milkshake too.

William Kendall said...

I like the look of the place. Cookie dough ice cream for me!

Boiled peanuts is a thing?

RedPat said...

That is a real blast from the past!

Weekend-Windup said...

Beautiful place ...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Now I absolutely know we will have to go there!

Revrunner said...

It would be hard to resist a game of checkers on that board.