Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Scavenger Hunt


While out on one of my walks last weekend, I noticed lots of kids and parents hurrying around excitedly with maps. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw this sign. I looked online to find that in order to participate, all you had to do was visit your local branch of the county library and pick up your "scavenger hunt treasure map" featuring county parks, local cultural institutions, and locally-owned restaurants where participants had opportunities to earn prizes while following the map. The purpose of the hunt was to highlight county programs and services as well as local community partners. I wish I had known about this event ahead of time because it would have been fun to participate with my grandson. I'm hoping they plan on doing it again.

Linking to signs, signs.

10 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Excelente pormenor.
Um abraƧo e boa semana.

biebkriebels said...

Nice event indeed such a hunting tour.

bill burke said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do with family and friends or even by yourself.

Jacob said...

That's a really good idea to help people learn about the community and its resources! And the kids would have a lot of fun, too.

Re your license plate: Would that be the school in Gainesville? No? Miami? No? Hee, hee, hee!

Have a fun day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the scavenger hunt sounds like a fun time for the family. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Tanya Breese said...

what a fun idea!

Sharon Anck said...

Oh yes, that does sound like lots of fun.

William Kendall said...

That would be fun, and a creative way to spend time!

RedPat said...

That sounds like great fun!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

A great idea! I love the way libraries are engaging with kids in so many unique ways nowadays. So different than it was when I was a kid, when you couldn't make noise or ask questions (and of course it was only books -- that's all that had been invented back then ;>).)