Saturday, December 5, 2015

Weekend Reflections



I took these pictures in Georgetown, Texas when I was visiting family a few weeks ago. Georgetown in located just north of Austin and is the county seat of Williamson County, Texas. It is a cute little town known for its beautiful town square filled with antique shops, restaurants and boutiques which are all located in historic buildings, some of which are over a hundred years old and reminiscent of the Old West. This restaurant is located right on the town square and you can see some reflections of the square in the windows and doors. My sister and I spent a wonderful day just walking around town and browsing the shops. I did manage to buy a few things too! You can visit Georgetown's website here to find out more information and see more pictures of this lovely little town.

Linking to Weekend Reflections.

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great reflection shot! I love seafood! Have a happy weekend!

Ela said...

Oh, that's a beautiful town !! I'm glad you had a nice meeting with the family!
Have a nice weekend :)

Lowell said...

I would like this place. There are a number of interesting small towns in Texas. We used to go to camp near the town where "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" was filmed. And we really liked Brenham as that's where Blue Bell ice cream is made (which I think is the best ice cream in the world!

I really like your photos and the reflections are excellent. You can really see the town in the first shot.

Hope your weekend is off to a good start.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds like a fun day with your sister Lois. I enjoy spending time with my two also. Lovely town square reflections in Gumbo's.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures and reflections for the day, Lois!! I do like Georgetown although I haven't been there in a long time. I hope your weekend is off to a great start!! Enjoy!!

Sharon Anck said...

sounds like a great place to visit.

Marleen said...

That is a very friendly looking entrance. And a nice reflection as well, Lois!

VP said...

I am sure I would like the place!

cieldequimper said...

Cool shot, lovely entrance!

Revrunner said...

Good times.

Jack said...

You've got me on this one. I have been to Austin but never to Georgetown. It looks pretty nice.

Did you see the video of the FSU sorority girl playing flag football and showing dazzling moves.

biebkriebels said...

That is a clear reflection, they must keep the windows very clean there.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Gostei das fotografias.
Um abra├žo e bom Domingo.

Halcyon said...

Sounds like a good address!

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice reflections!

Annie Bear said...

Texas sure has some cute towns. I like this clear reflection. I can really see how neat this town is. How fun to stroll there with your sister!

William Kendall said...

It must be a common enough name... I grew up in the countryside, and Georgetown, Ontario was the closest town.