Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Through the woods





After walking around in the open areas of the Alford Greenway, which I showed in yesterday's post, I decided to follow this trail and head for some shade. This path is part of the Lafayette Heritage Trail which connects the greenway to other parks nearby. I got a little nervous during parts of this walk because I was by myself most of the time, but then I came to a clearing and found this pretty covered bridge. As you can see from the sign in the last picture, no horses are allowed on the bridge. You can see a little bit of Lake Lafayette through the trees under the bridge, but the bridge doesn't go over the water. I will show more pictures tomorrow.

Linking to signs, signs.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Love to walk with you and to see the Spanish Moss and the covered bridge, thanks for sharing.

Cezar and Léia said...

I just love the covered bridge! A very nice place there!
Leia

Revrunner said...

First thing I would have done, too--head for the shade. :-)

Lowell said...

It's a beautiful park and I love the bridge. I'll be waiting to see what it goes over if not water! :)

VP said...

Love everything, but the covered bridge is the star!

Sharon Anck said...

Your title made me think of a poem that my grandfather used to read to me every year around Thanksgiving. "Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go". He used to read it with so much drama and emphasis that it was always a treat to hear.

Sylvia K said...

Such a lovely park and your captures are beautiful as always, Lois!! I do love the bridge!! Hope you have a great day!! Enjoy!!

RedPat said...

Love that bridge, Lois. I always get a bit nervous when I'm the only one around - feel much safer with a crowd or at least a few wanderers about.

William Kendall said...

That bridge is amazing!

Tom said...

Over the rive and through the woods to grandma's house we go!

Norma Ruttan said...

lovely scenery- but that sign is a bit small for letting one know not to ride a horse on the bridge. there are not many covered bridges left around here.