Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday's Critters

I was visiting my daughter in Orlando a few weeks back and went out one morning to get some coffee. This guy was strolling by on the sidewalk as I came down the stairs from her apartment.

Soon he was joined by his friend.

I started to follow them and they didn't like it one bit.

Get away from us with that camera lady!

Soon they started to ignore me and stopped for a snack.

Crazy camera lady! You'd think she'd never seen a Sandhill Crane before.

I am still having eye problems, so I will be posting sporadically for the next couple of weeks. I just can't seem to focus on the computer screen for any length of time without discomfort. My eye doctor said I have something called a posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) in my left eye. I have experienced this before in both eyes, but this time it seems to be worse. PVD is common as you get older, but needs to be monitored closely because occasionally it can lead to a retinal detachment, which is very serious and must be treated immediately to avoid a loss of vision in the affected eye. Hopefully I will be back to posting and commenting soon, but I'm trying to be careful right now and avoid any eyestrain. Thanks for your patience!

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Lois, I love your Sandhill Cranes images. They seem to be pretty tame and use to people. Great post, I do hope you take good care of your eyes. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Sylvia K said...

First of all, do take good care of your eyes, Lois, and I will be holding good thoughts for you!! And, of course, I love your captures for the day of the Sandhill Cranes!! Handsome ones they are!! Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!!

RedPat said...

Your shots are great, Lois! Good luck with the eye problem!

Christine said...

Pretty amazing to see these guys just strolling along the street!
Hope your eye heals quickly.

William Kendall said...

They're remarkable birds. I hope the eye issue sorts itself out soon.

Revrunner said...

Gosh! Sorry to hear this. Do take care.

Lowell said...

I first saw these in our backyard a few years ago. They aren't especially afraid of people and I love 'em. Nice shots here!

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about the PVD. I'll have to ask my eye doctor to check me for this.

biebkriebels said...

Lovely photos of them taking a stroll in town. Take care Lois with your health. Keep going.

jennyfreckles said...

Not the kind of birds I see on the pavement around here! Sorry to hear about your eye, hope it soon heals up and causes no further problems.

VP said...

Quite curious walk... and walker!

Cezar and Léia said...

They wre so cute! Wonderful shots! Take care.

Bethany Carson said...

Fun to see the birds--taking a walk on the city street/sidewalk! Hope your eye recovers well and quickly. God bless!

Jack said...

It seems odd to see sandhill cranes in such a populated area.

So sorry to read about your eye problems. Take care of yourself first. We can wait.