Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Horseback riders




Right after I took the shots of the little butterflies I posted yesterday, I saw the two ladies in the first picture riding toward me on the path. I was walking at the J.R. Alford Greenway, which encompasses 874 acres of open pasture and forested woodlands with 17.5 miles of trails open to the public for hikers, bicyclists, and equestrians from sunrise until sunset. The greenway is located just west of town near Lake Lafayette. It is a Trust for Public Land Project and the property was acquired by the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Office of Greenways and Trails in 2001. It is managed and maintained by Leon County with the assistance of the Friends of the J.R. Alford Greenway. We are finally getting a break from the heat here, for a little while anyway, and I ended up walking over 2 miles. These photos are of the open pasture areas. There are more trails that are wooded and offer views of the lake and I will be showing pictures from those areas and the rest of my walk in the next few days.

Linking to Our World Tuesday.

17 comments:

Halcyon said...

Looks like a nice place for a ride!

VP said...

It really seems the right place to do this...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I've always loved the idea of horse riding Lois, until I was standing next to a horse and it was so big with huge teeth :)

biebkriebels said...

Must be nice to ride in nature. I have never sat on a horse, they are su huge.

Revrunner said...

A day like this always inspires me to keep on walking.

eileeninmd said...

A pretty green space to ride and walk. Great shots, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Cezar and Léia said...

Looks a lovely place for riding!I love horses and these pictures are great!
Glad that you enjoy so beautiful day!
Léia

Karl Demetz said...

A nice and peaceful place to ride.

Sharon Anck said...

That's a beautiful place for a walk or a ride.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I do love horses and still miss the ones I owned years ago!! That is such a beautiful place and would be a great place to ride or walk! Your captures are terrific as always, Lois!! Hope you week is going well!!

William Kendall said...

It looks like good conditions for a ride!

Betsy said...

pleasant place for horse riding, my husband from florida loves riding and wishes for one.

Birdman said...

What a nice opportunity for riding, especially with a weather break. It sure looks like a 'greenbelt'.

Lowell said...

Well, this is a boon for your area. It's a super place. There's a park in Davie (Tree Tops Park) which is similar, but much smaller. I used to go there to watch folks wash their horses!

RedPat said...

Sounds like a fabulous place!

Linda said...

So pleasant! I like seeing horses.

Gunn said...

Looks like the perfect place to go horse riding or just for a walk.