Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Our World Tuesday





I'm back from a fun but exhausting break and had a wonderful time having all three of my grandkids with me last week. Last Saturday, I took the my two oldest (11 and 7) on a boat ride at Wakulla Springs State Park which is located just south of Tallahassee. My grandson says he counted 16 alligators on our little trip, but I think there were more. I managed to get a few pictures of some of them, but I apologize in advance that they are not as clear as I would have liked. It's difficult to zoom in on a moving alligator from a moving boat while trying to keep your grandkids from leaning too far over the side and falling in the water with the gators (not to mention snakes which I did not take pictures of). We had so much fun!


Linking to Our World Tuesday.

19 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Fun, exciting and scary!!! At least for me where the alligators are concerned!! Love your post and pics, Lois!! Thanks so much for sharing the fun!! Hope you get rested up in the coming week!!!

VP said...

An excellent reportage, but I do not like these beasts...

Revrunner said...

With grandkids in tow, I'm amazed you could take any pictures at all. :-)

Lois Evensen said...

Wow, close up and personal with those critters!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, neat shots of the gators. On a boat with children, I would be nervous too. Have a happy day!

TexWisGirl said...

laughing at your adventure, but i'd have been a nervous wreck. :) great gator shots, but you can keep them! :)

Tanya Breese said...

i like the one hiding in the moss!

Stephanie Robinson said...

Ooh I'm not sure I'd've got so close - but glad you stopped the grandkids getting even closer and still got the shots! #ourworldtuesday

Sandra said...

the photos look good to me and glad you all got back home with fingers and toes..

Lowell said...

No need to apologize...your photos are excellent. And gators always make good subjects unless they're attacking! Just kidding. I think I understand why your break was "exhausting!"

RedPat said...

Scary creatures!

Marleen said...

Your photos are impressive. These alligators were really close, brrrrrr!

William Kendall said...

They're fascinating critters. Excellent shots!

Jim said...

Great post

Kalantikan said...

Oh My God, that is so scary. I might not have ventured in those waters knowing there are alligators waiting for their food. You are so brave bringing your grandkids there.

Halcyon said...

I think you caught them quite well! They do tend to blend in with their surroundings. ;-)

Birdman said...

What? The gators can read? hahahaha I'd be real cautious swimming there.

cieldequimper said...

You'd never, ever get me anywhere close!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Shoot, I can't take a decent picture from a moving boat even when I'm not worried about anybody but myself. Your pictures are fine, just fine!!!