Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Our World Tuesday (not in Tallahassee!)

I spent last week visiting family and attending my nephew's high school graduation near Baltimore, Maryland. We had a wonderful time and spent last Friday exploring the beautiful little seaside town of Havre de Grace, which is located in the northern part of the state where the Susquehanna River meets the head of the Chesapeake Bay. Here are a few pictures from my visit.

I just love how they decorated this cute Victorian house.

Here is one of its neighbors.

The Spencer-Silver Mansion Bed and Breakfast. You can see pictures of the inside and read more about the fascinating history of this beautiful old home here.

The original First National Bank building in downtown Havre de Grace is now used as an event venue. Read about the history of this building here.

Tomorrow I will show some more pictures of this charming town. Linking to Our World Tuesday.

15 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I always like those wooden american houses. We don't have them here, it is always bricks we use.

Revrunner said...

Wouldn't it be cool to live in a house with a round balcony? :-)

Karl Demetz said...

All are beautiful, but the first one is really cute !

TexWisGirl said...

a lot of care and attention to detail given to those homes! i love the little bank building. :)

eileeninmd said...

I love the first house! Havre de Grace is a pretty town, I love the seafood restaurants there! Have a great week ahead!

Halcyon said...

You must have had a grand time. I love all the houses. Such neat architecture.

Beth Niquette said...

What a cool looking neighborhood! How fun is this?! I'm glad you had such a great time, my Friend.

William Kendall said...

Such beautiful buildings, Lois!

Marleen said...

Such elegant houses! They all look well-kept.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lovely old homes in a sweet town ... I'm sorry we missed it on our trip through that State! A great getaway for you ... Like a whole different world from Florida!

Lowell said...

It is a lovely town and those houses are exquisite. I'd love to stay in that mansion B&B! It's very nice to have you back and
i'm glad you had a good time.

VioletSky said...

The owners of the first house certainly like a touch of pink.

VP said...

Welcome back, and thanks for these beautiful images!

Sylvia K said...

I don't know how I missed this post??? What great and colorful houses and such terrific captures!! Well, better late than never!! Thanks again, as always, for sharing the fun and the beauty!!

Jack said...

Great, great houses. We have some like that in Hartford. Your pictures encourage me to go out and take some local photos of colorful houses.