Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tally Porch Swing Project



I have recently noticed these beautiful porch swings popping up around town. The goal of this project is to make these swings a symbol of Tallahassee and the community. The one in the first picture is located near the Florida Capitol and the second one is located in Cascades Park. You can see pictures of more porch swings in other locations around Tallahassee on their Facebook page here.

Note: I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately. Not feeling so good after breaking a tooth. It would seem there are more than a few trips to the dentist in my future!

9 comments:

Revrunner said...

I much prefer these to other municipal adornments I've seen. So useful and attractive. Sorry about your tooth. Ouch!

TexWisGirl said...

really cute, they are! hope it is successful!

good luck with the tooth!

Sylvia K said...

I do love these swings!! What a great idea!! I'm so sorry about your tooth!! No fun at all -- including trips to the dentist!!

William Kendall said...

This one's pretty.

RedPat said...

I love this idea! Good luck with the tooth!

biebkriebels said...

That looks very inviting to have a little swing there. Wish you luck at the dentist!

VP said...

Love the swing, sorry for your tooth!

Marie said...

What a great idea!

Bethany Carson said...

The swing looks like a pleasant place to relax--neat community project. It reminds me of the swing we had at our house in Portland when I was a little girl.