Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wishful Thinking


Unfortunately this is not Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, but it was still fun to watch these make believe pirates outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Walt Disney World. This is definitely my favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom Park. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom though, but I'll have to save that one for another visit with my two oldest grandkids in Orlando. I have to say that it is nice to be able to go home with them after a day at Disney instead of going to a hotel (not to mention a lot less expensive). I'll show one more picture from my trip tomorrow and then I promise we'll be back in Tallahassee!

17 comments:

Revrunner said...

We could use some of that Florida sun right now.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Having lots of fun with the grandkids hey Lois :) Looking forward to doing more with my granddaughter :)

biebkriebels said...

It is a very good look-a-like Johnny!

Annie Bear said...

Oh, how fun and what a beautiful day it was! I lived in CA most of my life so I know exactly what you mean about enjoying Disneyland and then being able to go home. The park is expensive enough!

Great capture of the pretty trees and sky in the background.

Bethany Carson said...

The pirates certainly look the part!

Birdman said...

No Depp? Elenka would not be impressed. GRIN.

Sharon Anck said...

That guy really does look like Johnny Depp. I think Pirates is my favorite ride too but, I'm also fond of the haunted house. I have been to WDW since the late 80's. I really need to make another trip down there.

Julie said...

Hah ... a lookalike Johnny is nowhere near close enough, eh Lois?

Lowell said...

I liked Pirates of the Caribbean, also, but don't remember this. Of course, it was just after the beginning of Creation that I was last at the Magic Kingdom! Nice shot!

TexWisGirl said...

too cute. laughed at your opening line. :)

Sylvia K said...

Oh, how fun, Lois!! I love it and wish I were there!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

William Kendall said...

We were there when I was a child on a trip down to Florida. I still have some memories of the place.

cieldequimper said...

I wouldn't mind being a pirate for a day!

Linda said...

Isn't it strange how we idolize pirates when they were terrorists in their time?

Jack said...

I thought for sure you had stumbled onto Mr. Depp's set!

VP said...

They look like the real things!

Mariusz from Nowy Sacz said...

hahaha
Jack Sparrow alive