Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Mural



This mural was completed last month and is entitled "Postcard of the Capital City". It is located on College Avenue downtown on the side of the old Child Building. Inspired by a vintage 1950's postcard, the mural features historic aspects of Tallahassee. The painting of the mural was open to the community and people were asked to help out even if they just happened to be walking by. Click here to see a video about how this mural was created. It's really interesting!
Linking with Monday Mural.

Note: I have been summoned for jury duty this week, so please forgive me for not visiting and commenting. Just doing my part for my community!

20 comments:

Revrunner said...

Jury duty. Ugh! Good luck with that.

biebkriebels said...

A nice mural with bright colours. Jury duty is something we don't know here. I only know it from movies.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Was good to see the video Lois, thanks for the link.. Did you get picked for jury duty?

Aimeecakes said...

Very cool! Good luck with the jury duty - I hope if you get picked its not for a bad case...

Tom said...

What a nice way to be greeted. Tom The Backroads Traveller

TexWisGirl said...

neat mural! good luck with jury duty!

Lowell said...

That's beautiful and very interesting how it was all put together. Enjoy your jury duty! :)

William Kendall said...

A vibrant mural. Jury duty's not something I've ever been called for, and I expect I'd be disqualified if I were asked.

RedPat said...

It does look like an old postcard!

Birdman said...

We have a postcard mural here too. Are they all over now?

Marleen said...

The mural is inviting for visitors, very nice.

Tanya Breese said...

oh i really, really love this! all cities should have a postcard mural!

Bethany Carson said...

That is a very nice one!

Jim said...

Very bright and colourful.

Linda said...

My first thought when I saw it was that it looks like an old-time postcard.

Good luck on your civic duty!

Lea said...

I remember when postcards looked like this. Lovely mural!
lea

VP said...

Love the mural and the bright colors!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I've seen these postcard murals before and just love them. Thanks for posting this one. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

eileeninmd said...

Love the mural, it does remind me of a postcard. Have a happy day!

Mariusz from Nowy Sacz said...

Beautiful mural, great initiative.
:)