Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sorry lady, but this table is taken


I found this photo in my archives and I have to admit it was not taken in Tallahassee. I took it when I was visiting family in Austin, Texas a couple of months ago. We had stopped for lunch at Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q and this little bird was guarding someone's leftover tray at one of the outdoor tables. I had forgotten that I took the picture and couldn't resist posting it. The bird was being very protective of its lunch, so I was able to get really close for the picture. I have no idea what kind of bird this is, so if you know please tell me in the comments. Because the wood table is so shiny and there are a few reflections, I am linking up with Weekend Reflections.

20 comments:

Revrunner said...

Not a bird I'm familiar with. Obviously not skittish--that should help with identification.

biebkriebels said...

Nice photo, you captured him very well. I am afraid I can't help you with the name of the bird.

VP said...

Very nice picture! He is quite worried about the intruder with a camera...

Lowell said...

I'm not sure what kind of bird this is, either, but it's very attractive and your photo is wonderful - clear and sharp! That table is so shiny I thought it was all wet!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm amazed that the bird allowed you to move in so close!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I wish I could help you Lois, not sure .. but that sure is a shiny picnic table :)

Birdman said...

You've captured it A peril of outside dining.

TexWisGirl said...

a female grackle, definitely giving you the evil eye! :)

Lois said...

Thanks Theresa! Somehow I knew you would know :)

Halcyon said...

It's amazing how used to people some of these birds are!

Sharon Anck said...

That happens here very often at our outdoor cafes. I love watching the birds eyeing a table that has just been vacated and then sneaking in for a chip or a piece of bread.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, what a fun shot for the day, Lois!! A great giggle to start my morning!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!! Enjoy!!

William Kendall said...

Quite a distinctive looking grackle then!

José Mendonça said...

Great title and capture too!

cieldequimper said...

Lol, sweet!

RedPat said...

I knew Tex would know too! What a great shot, Lois!

Jack said...

If you told me it was from Tallahassee, you could have convinced me.

Lois Evensen said...

Neat photo. I agree with Jack. You could have fooled me into thinking it was in Tallahassee. ;)

Karl Demetz said...

Ha ha, nice title... and photo!

mumbaiiteanu said...

Lovely photo of the beautiful bird.
I like the wooden table too.

I have yet to learn to capture birds in the camera. Somehow they are gone a moment before I click.