Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Florida Trust



The Florida Trust for Historic Preservation advocates for legislation and funding in support of historic preservation on behalf of Florida´s many historic sites, museums and parks. They are located in the Hays-Hood House which is now called the Florida Trust House, a Queen Anne home built in 1910 and located on Park Avenue in the Magnolia Heights National Register District of Tallahassee. I think the prettiest feature of this house is the turret with its beautiful dome and finial. To see additional pictures of this lovely house and read more about the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation, visit their website here.

22 comments:

Jack said...

This is a beauty, Lois. Not what I envision when I think about Florida, but nevertheless a beauty.

Steffe said...

It's a fine building, very different from the house I live in, built by me great grandparents one hundred years ago.

Cezar and Léia said...

Important centre there, and you are right this is a lovely house, I like so much the white columns!
Léia

Jim Klenke said...

thats a beautiful home, I like the turret also.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That is a beautiful building. How appropriate.

Leif Hagen said...

That house is absolutely dreamy! I wonder what it looks like inside (hint, hint)

Halcyon said...

I love the big wrap-around porch! It's lovely!

Mama-Bug said...

This one is a favorite of mine too!

Rachel said...

Oh,yes! I am a sucker for turrets as well. Very pretty house indeed!

Sailor said...

That is a cute and classy looking building!

Jacob said...

I like the porch which winds around this gorgeous place! I like the turret, also, but what's a "finial"?

Lois said...

Jacob, the finial is that decorative thing sitting on top of the dome pointing up to the sky :)

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful house. I am glad that it is being preserved. I love the porch too.

Hilda said...

It's a beautiful house and I agree with you about the dome and finial.

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Lois! I LOVE this photo! I adore vintage homes--they are so intriguing.

Ms. Moon said...

I have loved that house for a long, long time.

Rob and Mandy said...

Very nice southern house! Wish we had a porch like this! With a daiquiri or a margarita... Perfection.

biebkriebels said...

It is a beautiful house and so well preserved, could live in it.

Lynette said...

Great photo of a grand house. Love the colors and that gorgeous blue sky!

elsa said...

Very lovely house!

JM said...

It's beautiful! Love the colour too.

jennyfreckles said...

Gorgeous - reminds me of the film 'Pollyanna'.