Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summit Sky Ride




The Summit Sky Ride took me and my grandson to the top of Stone Mountain where we got to walk around on the big rock! It was a fairly smooth ride until we got almost to the top and the gondola started swaying back and forth. I think our driver did that on purpose though, but it sure got everyone's attention. There is also a 1.3 mile hiking trail to the top of the mountain, but my grandson is only 6 and it was quite hot, so we decided that riding up there was a better option.

14 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

wow breathtaking view from the top of the rock!
Thanks for sharing!What an adventure day! :)
Léia

Sunny said...

That's quite a view! What a fun experience for your Grandson :)
☼ Sunny

B SQUARED said...

A wise lad, that one!

Marie said...

If I understand well, you went through a zone of turbulence :-))) Grat photos!

JM said...

Fantastic view! Once a remote controlled gondola smaller than this one got stuck for about ten minutes, it was truly stressing and there was no one you could ask what was going on... It seemed that the simple fact that you were breathing made it swing! LOL!

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

i like very much first image..superb perspective!!

Halcyon said...

Wow! I bet you got some gret views up there.

Jacob said...

Great photos, Lois! Not liking heights very much, though, I would have probably sent my grandson up alone! ;-)

Hilda said...

Ooh, fun! Even if I can handle the hike, I'd still prefer the Sky Ride! The view from the top is awesome!

Ms. Moon said...

A better option and a lot more fun!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That looks like a fun ride. I have had gondola rides elsewhere where they jack it back and forth right at the end. I guess the operators get bored and want to have a little fun.

VP said...

This is becoming more and more interesting... I agree with taking a ride!

Pam said...

Your grandson was smart to take such an exciting gondola ride instead of a hot hike.

That's a cute duck face in the photo below, Lois.

magiceye said...

the 1st pic is beautifully composed