Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ride the Ducks!




 
Posted by Picasa


One of my grandson's favorite activities while we were at Stone Mountain Park was Ride the Ducks. The Duck vehicles are 1940's era Army DUKWs, converted into open-air vehicles that go from land to water and back to land again. We were all given duck quackers for our ride and you can imagine how loud that got with about 50 people all quacking at the same time as we rode down the ramp from the road into the lake. My grandson even got to drive the Duck on Stone Mountain Lake! In the first picture, you can see my adorable grandson with his quacker. The second shot is of Stone Mountain Lake. In the third one, you can see the ramp we used to go into the lake from the road. The fourth picture shows what the Duck looks like parked on land. To see more wonderful watery pictures from around the world, don't miss Watery Wednesday.

21 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That looks like fun!

B SQUARED said...

I prefer my "quackers" in a box.

Cezar and Léia said...

He is sooo cute!
This is a cool idea in this hot Summer and,the Stone Mountains Lake is really beautiful,thanks for sharing!
hugs
Léia

Sunny said...

Oh what fun and your Grandson is really cute with his little duck bill.
☼ Sunny

Small City Scenes said...

QUACK!!!!!!

MB

Halcyon said...

I have ridden on one of these at Jersey Island before. They are pretty fun!

Your grandson is really lucky to have such an active Grandmom to show him all these places. I bet he will have many fond memories of these times when he's older.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Cute grandson. I think I would enjoy the DUCKS ride more if they passed out the quackers to customers at the end of the ride.

Leif Hagen said...

We have DUCKS like that in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. We're taken a ride - fun! Your grandson is almost as silly as I am!

gogouci said...

I need to get my hands on one of those quackers before the next UO football game.

JM said...

I would love that too! He's so cute on the top shot! :-)

Jacob said...

What a great place and great fun! I'll bet all that noise just about drove you quackers, though!

Super photos! I love the first pic!

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

cute kid :)

jennyfreckles said...

I can't imagine a kid that wouldn't love that ride!

mbkatc230 said...

We have these in Austin and they are loads of fun. Although they do get a bit noisy :) Your grandson is adorable, looks like he had a blast! Kat

VP said...

With all the water we have around we could use one of these!

Ms. Moon said...

He is so beautiful! Those blue, blue eyes!

That is the chicken said...

Your first picture made me smile!

Kaori said...

Oh yeah, that's got to be a fun ride! Your grandson looks just like Donald duck with that quacker ;D

Lisa Wilson said...

I bet he had a ton of fun! When I was little we did something similar to this on a lake near Branson, Missouri.

Bill said...

That looks like fun. I can just imagine the noise (sound) coming from 50 people quacking.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

What fun!

Darryl and Ruth : )