Saturday, May 1, 2010

Theme Day - Statues

 
Posted by Picasa


I spotted this giant chicken statue for sale on the side of the road and, remembering I still needed a theme day post for May, I turned around and went back to get a picture. No sooner had I taken the picture, when out of nowhere a man with a not too friendly expression on his face started toward my car. Not wanting to stick around to find out why, I got out of there as fast as I could while my 5 year old grandson, who was riding in the backseat starting yelling "Granny, why are we driving away so fast?" "I guess they don't like it when you take pictures of their giant yard chickens" I replied. My grandson then said "Well if they don't want you to take pictures of their giant yard chickens, then they shouldn't put them out in their yard." I agreed and off we went with our picture. We actually do have some beautiful statues here, but I couldn't resist being a little silly with this one! The first day of the month is Theme Day for the City Daily Photo community. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

27 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

It's a huge chicken!Very nice shot dear Lois! I know sometimes it's not easy to take pictures around , and I know all confusion problem, so that thanks so much for sharing, and I think your grandson is very intelligent !
Léia

Birdman said...

I agree with your grandson... some people just don't get it. Funny shot!

Darla said...

Where is this place? Looks kind of neat.

Lois said...

That place is out Thomasville Road Darla.

Bergson said...

a french statue ??

B SQUARED said...

If I had a nickel for every hasty retreat I've made...

Hilda said...

That is one gigantic chicken!
A fun choice for theme day, Lois! :D

Halcyon said...

This is funny! I wonder who will buy the giant chicken. Maybe a chick fila restaurant? :)

Nice choice for the theme day!

Small City Scenes said...

Oh too funny. I like your grandson's observation though.
I forgot theme day. Oh me!! MB

Clytie said...

I'm laughing til I cry ... a giant chicken entertaining a bunch of little lions? I wonder what this lecture could possibly be about!!!

A great story too, Lois. That's certainly one your grandson will remember for a long time. Love it!!!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

now this is a fun statute for theme day

Ms. Moon said...

I love the rooster. Glad you dared to take the shot.

JM said...

So funny! I like the yellow house in the background.

Kaori said...

That is huge! There's no way you could miss that ;D

Mary Ann said...

This IS different. I love how it dwarfs the lions.

Clueless in Boston said...

A different take on theme day for sure. I like your story, but maybe the man wanted to offload a few of his little chicks on you?

Rob and Mandy said...

Yep, I agree with Bergson, must be a french statue.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Funny statue. Funny story. I am glad that you were brave and bold enough (i.e. not chicken) to get the photo despite the aggressive proprietor.

Maybe he was a redneck artist who fears that photographs will steal his designs and intellectual property. He must be unaware that everyone knows what a chicken looks like.

Magdala said...

I fully agree with your grandson, Lois...
And the statue is really interesting so your effort to take a photo of it was profitable :)

Jacob said...

This is a great lighthearted post on the theme - amidst all the serious statues of heroes and champions of something or other.

And I got a good laugh envisioning you burning rubber to get down the road and away from the "angry" man! Your grandson was right, of course.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee
Both the statue and story are good for a chuckle!

";-D

Mo said...

Great story to go with it as well. Made me smile

Leif Hagen said...

That's quite a chicken statue! We have a few chickens in our kitchen as decorations! Nice theme day posting

Allstarme79 said...

That guys' reaction makes me not want to go there. I always think I'll stop and buy something but uh, no thanks!

PAK said...

Very funny!

VP said...

I don't know how I missed this one: this is funny and gorgeous at the same time!

Lisa Wilson said...

That's too funny! The owner is obviously weird!