Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Presbyterian University Center

 
Posted by Picasa


After passing Calvin's Coffee House on my walk, I turned the corner and found myself in front of The Presbyterian University Center which is located across the street from the College of Music and just down from the main gate of Florida State University. According to their website, their purpose is to be a community of faith with primary emphasis on student ministry, reaching out to Tallahassee's academic community. They are located in a beautiful old building and this is what part of the front of it looks like.

12 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable brick wall and so charming window!
Léia :)

B SQUARED said...

Looks more like a scene from a New England campus.

Halcyon said...

It looks very presbyterian. That's how almost all of their churches down here look too.

Clytie said...

I love the color of the brick, and the window frames are very intriguing. A beautiful building!

VP said...

I really like this type of building, probably because are so rare here. I wonder what is the symbol in the niche above the windows. Are you aware of any peculiar meaning?

Beth Niquette said...

What an amazing brick building. A friend of mine was just back East, and she says the brick homes and buildings are must magnificent!

Jacob said...

Nice shot of a nice building. I don't think most people realize how much brick is used in building in central and north Florida.

Kaori said...

The details around the window are very pretty! I wonder if they have a fireplace in there :)

Pam said...

I like the look of the lovely brick building. Its wonderful that they are so involved with the university students.

Hilda said...

I agree with you that it's a lovely old brick building. I really like it.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful building. I am not much of an architect but the stone work around the windows gives the building an attractive "tailored" look.

Sunny said...

Bricks and beautiful stone work...a wonderful building to look at.
Sunny :)