The Wood House sits next door to the Knott House in the Park Avenue Historic District in downtown Tallahassee. This house was used as a winter residence for the Wood family who came south from Ohio to enjoy the warmer climate. From 1924 to 1946 the house served as a manse (the minister's home) for the First Presbyterian Church. It is now used as law offices. It was built in 1902.