Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sorority House


The Zeta Tau Alpha sorority house is located on College Avenue just down the block from the main gate of Florida State University. I was a member of this sorority and lived in this house when I was a student a long, long, long time ago! It was very convenient because you could roll out of bed, grab some food and be sitting in your classroom all within about 15 minutes. My mother was also a member of this same sorority, although this house was built a few years after she was a student. Another thing I liked about living in this house was that we had a few bats living in the attic and every once in awhile they would fly around in the hall on the third floor. I never lived on the third floor, so that's probably why I liked having them in the house.

10 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

Wow. We don't have any sorority houses like this around here. Most of those we do have are purchased near the universities and are ordinary houses that look like they were well used and are now worn out. This one looks like a mansion.

Leeds Daily Photo said...

Hi Lois
I have seen Animal House, not saying that Zeta is anything like that, or was it?

Lois said...

Nope nothing like that although the fraternity house that was across the street was similar to Animal House in many ways. That fraternity house has since been torn down (probably because they trashed it so badly)!

Lisa Wilson said...

Very pretty and so big! Has it changed much over the years?

Lois said...

The outside looks exactly the same as it did when I lived there, but I went inside a couple of years ago and they have completely renovated everything to the point where I almost did not recognize it at all :(

Tanya said...

It's beautiful. I bet you have alot of wonderful memories there. The frat/sorority houses for UGA were gorgeous OLD historical houses. I always told Ash she has to get in a sorority there so she can live in one of those beautiful houses and I can come see it :)

magiceye said...

looks so peaceful..

JM said...

It looks like a nice house.
I have lived a year and a half in Africa with bats, so I know what it is like... :-)

Monica said...

You need to post a picture of the Alpha Gamma Delta house!

Lois said...

Good idea Monica!